Outdated browser!
Your current browser is out of date and might not be able to display this website correctly. Please update your browser. Or click below to continue using the site.
Update browser

Medical & Travel Insurance

International Students

When international students are living and studying in another country, it’s essential to be protected with medical and travel insurance. To make moving to New Zealand easier, UP Education arranges insurance for students.

  • Insurance is essential

    International students are required to have comprehensive medical and travel insurance. To make this easy, UP Education has developed a student policy with New Zealand’s largest insurer – Southern Cross.

    Policies cover students during their journeys to and from New Zealand, and during their stay in the country. Accidents, losses and delays can happen while travelling and living away from home – these are also covered by the Southern Cross Travel International Student Policy.

  • Caring for your health & well being

    On each campus we have staff trained and registered with Red Cross or we have an on-campus nurse to help deal with minor health and wellbeing issues. If students need further medical treatment, a doctor is available by appointment.

    Click here if you would like more information about medical support in New Zealand